Dear Elders and families, staff, and volunteers
We are pleased to advise that at the time of this communication no MiCare homes are classified as either an exposure or outbreak site. With the community cases continuing to evolve we remain vigilant with our visitation; however, we are confident that from Wednesday 30th March 2022 the following visitation and entry requirements can apply.
Visiting and Volunteering whilst we are NOT under the direction of the relevant Public Health Unit.
Visitors and volunteers must make a booking with the reception staff to visit between 10 am to 3 pm Monday-Sunday.
- Two-hour visit by up to two visitors.
- One visit per Elder per day and visits to occur in the Elder’s room.
- No visits without a booking can be accepted without the approval of the Facility Manager. We continue to maintain our register of visitor details, time of entry, and time of exit the register will be retained for a period of 28 days.
- The one/two visitor for up to two hours per day must meet the additional requirements below.
- Undertake a Rapid Antigen Test before entry into the home.
- Appropriate PPE must be worn during the visit, staff will advise on the level required
- Face coverings are in compliance with the moving and gathering order.
Visitors must provide proof of vaccination by way of:
- Covid 19 digital certificate or
- Immunization History or
- International Covid 19 Vaccination certificate
Visitors with a Legally approved Covid 19 vaccination exemption will be permitted under the same rules as a vaccinated visitor.
There are also longer visits comfort and support the Elder during active palliation and these visits must be approved by the Residential Manager.
Visiting Elders in palliative care
Personal protective equipment, as required will be worn at all times while providing comfort and support during active palliation. Staff will support with this requirement.
Visiting under Partners in Care Agreement
Personal protective equipment, as required will be worn at all times whilst providing assistance under the partners in care agreement to Elder. Staff will support with this requirement.
Are NOT permitted in the home, however we can arrange window visits during business hours, visits may be booked by calling the reception staff.
Our Entry Screening Protocols remain
The entry screening protocols will continue with the addition of the undertaking a Rapid Antigen Test, and providing proof of vaccination status by showing the receptionist or person at the entrance of the Home.
We also encourage you to arrange a digital visit which you can do by calling and booking with reception staff.
Please stay safe and well.
Translated coronavirus (COVID-19) resources
A list of resources about COVID-19 in other languages. The resources include fact sheets, guidelines, and other publications. You can also view SBS’s COVID-19 videos in various languages here.