MiCare has been inspired by women from refugee and migrant backgrounds who address safety and social isolation and bring positive change to other women in similar circumstances. We are committed to gender equity, women’s and children’s safety, and the long-term sustainability of community-led initiatives.
Through tailored leadership initiatives, MiCare brings together women from diverse backgrounds with shared values to support, learn and encourage each other. We work alongside women to build their confidence, knowledge, and leadership skills within their communities.
- Women’s Network in the West
- Capacity Building for women’s groups, including mentoring and skill development
- Women’s support groups
- Facilitating linkages between community members and services
- Creating opportunities for women through education, leadership, and skills training
Supporting women to have greater economic, social, and political participation in society
Through an intersectional and intercultural approach, MiCare, together with migrant and refugee communities, works towards addressing gender diversity.
- Early intervention and specialized support for women experiencing or at risk of family violence
- Targeted group work focused on women’s safety
- Information and education sessions around family violence for multicultural groups
- Family Violence Community of Practice and Advisory Group
- High-level advocacy
Contribute to wider open dialogue and policies around preventing family violence in multicultural communities