We support people with diverse needs
There are many services available within the community to support you in living independently. However, you may find it difficult to access these services on your own if you have diverse needs.
We support people with diverse needs by catering to their requirements and removing any barriers that are stopping them from getting the help they require.
Would you benefit from Access & Support services?
Our Access & Support team can help you by listening to your individual needs and making Home Care and Community Support options more accessible to you.
Some of the people we help are:
- Culturally and linguistically diverse, including non-English speaking
- Living in rural or remote areas
- Financially or socially disadvantaged
- Veterans (including spouses, widows, and widowers)
- Homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
- Members of the LGBTQIA+ community
- Living with dementia
If you have diverse needs, we can help you with:
- Registering on My Aged Care and providing support during assessments
- Understanding your wants and needs, and communicating them to others
- Finding out what services and community care options are available to you
- Organizing services that meet your wants and needs, and support your goals
- Understanding how services work, and any fees or conditions associated with them
- Maintaining a social connection with others, such as through Social Support Groups
- Linking you to services that improve quality of life, such as Care & Housing
- Receive advocacy, where needed
Are you eligible for Access & Support?
You may be eligible for government funding under the Commonwealth Home Support Program if certain criteria apply to you.
- 65 years or older (50 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people), or
- 50 years or older (45 years or older for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) and on a low income, homeless, or at risk of being homeless.
The first step to accessing funding is organizing an assessment. We can help you through this process. Remember, even if you’re not eligible for an assessment, or you are waiting to be assessed, we can still help you with some services from our Private Home Care program.
Everyone has the right to access care and support.
At MiCare, we believe that aging support services should be accessible to everyone. If you have diverse needs, we can help you to navigate the Aged Care system and find services that will best support you to live independently. We will communicate in your language (if needed) and provide assistance that is relevant to your individual requirements.
Call 1300 064 064 and let us know how we can help you or your aging loved one to live better.