MiCare is proud to be one of the Care Finders funded in Victoria to support older people who are isolated and need assistance to navigate aged care services.
We are working in partnership with Gippsland Primary Health Network and South East Melbourne Primary Health Network to provide access to aged care and other support services to seniors who need extra help with this.
When should I connect a person to a Care Finder at MiCare?
- Care finders support vulnerable older people who would not be able to arrange services without intensive support and do not have family members or friends who can help.
- Care finder services are provided at no cost as they are fully funded through Primary Health Networks.
What help can Care Finders provide?
At MiCare, we can help with:
- Discussing your current situation and needs
- Provide information about services that can support you living independently at home
- Informing you about relevant services that are available in your area
- Referring you to services that can make managing easier
- We also specialise in supporting people who need assistance in finding long-term, affordable housing. We can provide information about suitable housing options and lodging specialised housing
This service is available to those who are:
- Living in the Gippsland Region and Southern Metropolitan Region (City of Port Philip and Stonnington)
MiCare Care Finder contact information
South Eastern Melbourne:
City of Port Philip and Stonnington
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 0423 026 506
Email: Gippslandcarefinder@micare.com.au Phone: 0499 885 495 / 0499 885 043
What if a carefinder isn’t right for someone?
Most people who need aged care should call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or visit myagedcare.gov.au to discuss their needs and arrange an assessment.
If someone would like help to talk to My Aged Care, or to use the website they can go to any Services Australia center. There are also Aged Care Specialist officers who give face-to-face help in 70 Services Australia service centers. Visit Services Australia website to see where these are located or call 1800 227 475.
Other supports and their contact details are;
- Advocacy support – call OPAN on 1800 700 600
- Carer support – call Carer Gateway on 1800 422 737
- National Dementia Helpline 1800 100 500