Set in the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges, enjoy the calming serenity of our native gardens whilst listening to the call of our local Lorikeets. You and your family can rest assured knowing you’re in the very best care. With Registered Nurses and care staff at our home 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, we ensure that care is being delivered at the highest standard at all times to every Elder.
“The Manor” is a bright and happy place where there’s always so much going on. Featuring 45 rooms, each private with individual comfort in mind, with their own ensuite, an adjustable electric bed with quality linen along with generous storage in the built-in cupboards for clothing and personal belongings. Our rooms have views over the courtyards and gardens.
Living and Lifestyle:
With a range of activities from music and painting, and social events – you can keep doing the things you love, and make new friends along the way. You can choose to stay as active as possible by participating in our varied and creative activities or relax by walking in the garden, reading a book, or attending a concert at the home. Our lifestyle activities are always focused on keeping your mind and body active while providing an important opportunity for social interaction. Our programs may vary from time to time because we listen to the feedback from Elders and tailor each lifestyle program to their specific interests and hobbies.
Our seasonal menus are designed in consultation with dietitians, and with the feedback and input from our Elders. We ensure there is choice and variety at each meal service. We also cater to special dietary and cultural needs where appropriate. Our Lifestyle team coordinates many activities which include happy hour, cultural days, BBQs, and many more where food is a central part of these fun and social occasions
We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated ‘Move In’ service to take care of the necessities so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
- Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
- Quality labeling of all clothing
- Room set up
Eden Alternative TM
At MiCare we live by The Eden Alternative philosophy, focussing on moving away from the institutional hierarchical (medical) model of care into a constructive culture of “home” where Elders direct their own lives. The Eden Alternative philosophy is focused on the care of the human spirit as well as the care of the human body.
Families and our community are encouraged to take an active role. The Eden Alternative™ helps remind us that while loneliness, helplessness, and boredom can happen to any of us, these are more prevalent as we age as we are less able to leave our homes to go out into the community. The Eden Alternative™ improves the well-being of Elders and those who care for them by transforming the communities in which they live and work. It focuses on relationships and empowering Elders to make their own decisions.
- Permanent and Respite Care
- Single rooms with ensuite
- Intimate and comfortable home-like environment
- 24-hour Nursing Care appropriate to your needs
- Nursing Practitioner
- Palliative and Dementia Care in a friendly environment.
- Providing high-quality dining through our nutritionally-approved seasonal menu
- Exercise sessions
- Lifestyle Programs offered daily
- Hairdresser services are available on site.
- Private function room for special family events
- Physiotherapy and Allied Services are available
- Regular Bus Outings
- Regular ‘Happy Hour with beverages & finger foods.
- Courtyards and gardens offer sunny corners for all to enjoy.
- Library and reading room
- Regular church services (non-denominational)
- On-site personal laundry service.
- Highest 4-dot rating for meeting quality care and safety as assessed by the Australian Aged Care Quality & Safety Commission
- The current maximum three-year accreditation assessed by the independent Australian Aged Care Quality & Safety Commission