Is this you?
• Motivated • Energetic • Dedicated to empowering others • Bi-Lingual and want to work with Elders from various cultural backgrounds?
MiCare is the new business unit of DutchCare Ltd which is a highly regarded and international award winning provider of residential and community aged care services. MiCare is committed to culturally and linguistically appropriate services to all Elders. Our dedication to the Eden Alternative philosophy underpins our services.
Our staff possess very good communication, leadership and interpersonal skills, they are good organisers and passionate and knowledgeable about person-centred aged care. Most of our staff speak another language other than English and are either qualified or undertaking their qualifications.
View our current job opportunities below
Social Support Coordinator
We are looking for a full-time, fixed term Social Support Coordinator based in Footscray.
Hours: Full-time, fixed term
A key function of the role is to expand the volunteer database and its programs in the North West and also support other teams in Victoria.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in working in a similar business
- A good understanding of community services and knowledge of volunteerism
- Able to effectively work with volunteers and clients
- Have demonstrated interest in culturally and linguistically diverse services
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent administration skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Exercise sound judgement
- Be able to make decisions based on accurate information and in a timely fashion
- Full-time fixed term position (5 days a week), maternity leave replacement until 14 January 2019
- Exceptional culture and team performance
- Ongoing training and career development
- Salary packaging
For a full time position description please contact Yvonne Philips on (03) 9728 7401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 30 March 2018
Chefs (two positions)
A key function of the Pastry Chef/Chef/Talented Cook is to expand the dessert and pastry range within our business.
Location: Seaford (Melbourne, Victoria) and Birkdale (Brisbane, Queensland)
Skills, requirements and qualifications:
- Produce a variety of cakes, desserts and pastry products
- Ensure client’s expectations and needs are met and/or exceeded
- Follow all food safety procedures and documentation
- Keep up with industry standards and trends
- Produce standard recipes and production methods
- Have or be able to attain a current police check
- Be responsible for correct hygiene and cleaning procedures
If you are interested in the part-time Seaford position and for more information please contact Lindon Perry (Manager Food Services) on (03) 9786 5630 or email email@example.com
If you are interested in the full-time Birkdale position and for more information please contact Paul Imrie (Chef at Prins Willem Alexander — Birkdale) on (07) 3822 0873 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Transport Driver and Social Support Assistant
We are looking for a casual Community Transport Driver and Social Support Assistant based at two of our sites in the Mornington Peninsula: Rye and Frankston.
You will have the ability to work in a culturally sensitive manner and transport clients in a safe and professional manner.
Location: Rye and Frankston (Victoria)
In addition, the role will include but not limited to:
- Assisting clients with their mobility, i.e. walking or getting on and off the vehicle or with seating, applying seatbelts
- Liaising with PAG Program Leader and other Community Transport Driver and Social Support Assistant about changes to transport schedules
- Communicating with PAG Program Leader about client issues or concerns
- Ensuring relevant road laws and safety standards are maintained at all the times
- The ability to speak a community language and experience working with CALD clients would be highly regarded
For a full position description and more information, please contact Christine Spiridonos, CBSS Manager on (03) 9510 5877 or email email@example.com